We don’t want you to be stressing out about any aspect of your engagement session including the outfit planning that goes in before the photoshoot. That’s why we’ve got some tips for you to prepare for your session. Here are some ideas to help you look amazing in your photos.
What to Wear:
- Dress like you’re attending the same party! Either both casual, both dressy, or both somewhere in between.
- Dress in an outfit that feels like you!
- Wear what makes you feel confident and beautiful– have fun adding accessories!
- Guys: go for simple and make sure the outfit fits you well.
- Slim fitting is key. Especially if you’re going to wear a suit. Check out places like Bonobos that offer great sizing options.
What to Avoid:
- Tight stripes and patterns. Avoid getting a weird banding affect called moiré.
- Bright colors/neon. Neutral colors will show up better on camera and edit better as well.
- Cocktail Dresses and Business Casual. They can make you look stiff and uncomfortable and we want you to look natural, confident and comfortable. 🙂
- Running shoes/All Birds. Pick up a simple, nicer dress shoe that goes with your outfit at a place like Target or Clarks.
Here are some engagement shoot outfits that we think worked well: