Whether the pandemic took you to a new plan to elope or you were already wanting to have an adventure elopement, we’re here to support a dream-come-true kind of a wedding! Because we think elopements are amazing.
Here’s a list of the 5 reasons we LOVE elopements:
- LOCATION. If you’re outdoorsy, adventurous, into nature, elopements were made for you. It’s an amazing way to enjoy the beautiful outdoors on your wedding day. You could choose to do a super sweet backyard wedding or you could adventure to a dreamy spot like Yosemite, Big Sur, Point Reyes, Muir Woods.. the options you have in California are incredible.
- NO RULES. You heard that right. No rules! You get to create a day that is all about you two as a couple. Enjoy pizza on a mountain top, invite your dogs, rent a cabin and get ready together, dance all day, head to In & Out after getting married… do what ever you’d like!
- INTIMATE. An intimate and private ceremony is what elopements are all about. Get ready for all the feels. 🙂
- LOW STRESS. There isn’t a whole big wedding to plan with wedding favors, food for hundreds, a big event space to rent, etc.. This day is all about simplicity and low stress.
- KILLER WEDDING PHOTOS. Yes, you’ll have the prettiest wedding photos in the world. You’ll get to choose that dream location for the wedding and you’ll have the time to go off and take gorgeous portraits.
Some Elopement Planning Tips
WHY. Why plan a wedding during a Pandemic?
1. It might be really important to you that you still get married this year and that you don’t let COVID change that fact.
2. You might see this as an opportunity to plan something a little different — something even more special and more intimate with the closest people in your life.
3. You might be an introvert thinking to yourself… this is what I really would have wanted: it feels like less pressure, more fun.
WHERE. Where does one elope in 2021?
1. Choose a beautiful landscape and have that wedding that you’ve dreamt about, where you hike to a gorgeous spot to celebrate your marriage. or…
2. Have a super sweet and simple backyard wedding with just a few friends and family members. or…
3. Choose an Airbnb that looks beautiful and special.
How many hours do I need to book photographers for?
1-2 hours for an elopement plan with just the ceremony photographed + couple portraits photographed + some family/friend photos…
2-4 hours for an elopement plan that feels like a mini wedding: the tail end of getting ready, a first look, a short ceremony, some family/friend photos, couple portraits, and the very beginning of a dinner or dance party.
WHEN to schedule your ceremony?
Think about scheduling the day around sunset for amazing lighting because you can! If you have a 6:30pm sunset the night of your wedding and you want 2 hours of photography captured, think about hiring photographers from 4:30 – 6:30pm.
Reach out if you have any more questions about planning an elopement!
PLANNING YOUR ELOPEMENT DURING COVID IN CALIFORNIA?
Here’s a video we created to help you plan your intimate wedding: